It took many months, and multiple trips to the hardware store, but Zachary finally has a functional swing of his very own! Seriously, with how much he loves his swings, I feel bad for not installing it sooner. Meh had gotten the actual swing several months ago, and I lamely hadn't done the research or gone to the store to figure out how to attach it. Meh took it upon herself to hop over to the hardware store and pick up what looked like the correct parts. Upon closer reading of the directions and looking at all of the parts together, we had to return to the hardware store (and of course, as always, multiple times; the required hole was large enough that I had to switch from drill bit to spade), but finally had the right stuff for tool time.The apple tree in the middle of our yard has the perfect branch for a swing - nearly horizontal, fairly thick, and out of the way of things to swing into. When Zachary saw the swing nearly complete, he got very excited - and then vocally objected when I still had to tighten a few bolts before the ride could begin. But a few minutes later, he was secured in his new swing and very happy to be rocking back and forth:
We've already used it multiple times. I'm hoping that this will give Meh one more tool to entertain the little man while I'm out of town at a conference in London all of this week (I fly out tonight). It's tough to be away from them for so long, though I'm sure much more difficult for Meh. Thankfully friends have offered to help watch him a few times, and my company's backup care will be providing a nanny for the days Meh works. But I'll still miss them very much and be happy when I get to come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment