While I was working, a tiny bird flew suddenly out of the stone wall. When I peered at the place she had been, I saw a nest with three tiny eggs in it.Friend T showed me a website that helped me identify the bird as a dark-eyed junco.
I have spent Zachary's nap time for the past two days doing yard work and weeding the front garden. It's no fun. It was even less fun since the neighbors hired three professionals to do it for them. So, as they quickly and efficiently tidied the neighbors' yard, I yanked weeds pitifully with my tuchus in the air, making little progress. One of them actually asked me "who was winning." So tonight, I decided to take revenge. We ate the weeds. Dipped them in honey mustard and ranch. So there.
We didn't take a photo, they were gone too fast!
1 comment:
I love the picture of the nest with the cute little eggs! It's so perfect it could be a Pottery Barn prop. :) ANd the dandilion fritters sound delicious! I wish we had some here....
Post a Comment