Saturday, October 03, 2009

Affirmative action

At last, a video of the "yeahhhh", as well as his newest variant, a slightly 'sh'-y "yessss":


New sweater from mima!Grandma is visiting for the weekend, and Zachary has been having a wonderful time with her - lots of reading, listening to music, playing with a new sound-making book that grandma brought, and she even handled bath and bed time on Thursday while I taught the first lecture of my class. Today we all went out for breakfast, where Meh optimistically ordered Zachary some chocolate chip pancakes. He helped himself to many melt-in-your-hands (and face, mouth, bib, etc.) chocolate chips, and made a spectacular mess mushing them and the melting butter around on the pancakes, but the big news was when he actually picked up a piece of pancake and ate that too. Just one, but hey, we'll take it! Meh had some excellent pumpkin pancakes, grandma had coconut ones, and I stayed with the classics.
Silliness at first breakfastAfterwards, we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, and Zachary had a fab time driving around in one of those car-shaped shopping carts (it was red - "wah!"). He prefers if there are two steering wheels that he can direct simultaneously, and was happy through the entire store visit. I, however, still struggle to drive what amounts to a double-length shopping cart, and almost hit a display or two. I blamed it all on the steering of that cute little man in the driver's seat.

No comments: