Friday, May 14, 2010

A blessing on your head

Chocolate faceZachary has developed a bit of a cold -- it's my bad, I had one last week, and now he's caught it. He's long said 'bessu' (bless you) when he sneezes, and that now also appears to apply to coughs. But perhaps more entertaining is that he's saying it to whatever happens to be nearby when a sneeze/cough occurs. 'bessu milk', 'bessu high chair', 'bessu airplane'... He's been blessing the entire house lately.

Sleeping touchdownSandy's time has at long last come. No, I'm not talking about mima, but my 2000 Toyota Corolla (tan, hence the name). The brakes were again making concerning noises (only 6000 miles after they were changed) and a fair amount of additional work was going to be needed to keep her running, so it's time to investigate a new vehicle. I'd still been rooting for an electric car or another plug-in hybrid, but the options are still pretty meager in those areas -- particularly for what should clearly be a family car at this point. Tomorrow I'll go check out the options, but the current front-runner is the impressive 7-seating Highlander, which from my measurements will still somehow fit in our garage.

Mima and papa continue to settle into their house; we're looking forward to meeting them tomorrow morning for brunch! Zachary and Owen visited again on Thursday, and Zachary allegedly got to pet Lola -- he was very gentle and said "nice" and "woof woof" in between giggling at her.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

That is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard! :)