It's hard to believe, but Zachary already starts preschool this fall! A few weeks ago, we received a letter in the mail from the school district inviting us to registration today. Based on the time requirements and the comments not to bring kids, I was expecting a protracted affair; Zachary and I ended up wandering around the outdoor shopping mall (not sure how a school district lands an office at the mall -- must be some kind of lease break from the city or something) while Meh and Owen headed in for paperwork and proofs of shots and the like. However, by the time Zachary and I completed our first big block of stores, I had voicemail from Meh letting me know she was already wrapped up. Hooray for at least reduced bureaucracy! So starting in September, Zachary will be able to look forward to a school bus picking him up and dropping him off (I suspect this may be a highlight of his day) September. We're so excited for him, though a little sad of course too. Granted, the school he'll be at is at best 3/4 mile away, so we can occasionally walk over to pick him up afterwards. Little man is becoming a big man so quickly!Thursday, July 15, 2010
School Daze
It's hard to believe, but Zachary already starts preschool this fall! A few weeks ago, we received a letter in the mail from the school district inviting us to registration today. Based on the time requirements and the comments not to bring kids, I was expecting a protracted affair; Zachary and I ended up wandering around the outdoor shopping mall (not sure how a school district lands an office at the mall -- must be some kind of lease break from the city or something) while Meh and Owen headed in for paperwork and proofs of shots and the like. However, by the time Zachary and I completed our first big block of stores, I had voicemail from Meh letting me know she was already wrapped up. Hooray for at least reduced bureaucracy! So starting in September, Zachary will be able to look forward to a school bus picking him up and dropping him off (I suspect this may be a highlight of his day) September. We're so excited for him, though a little sad of course too. Granted, the school he'll be at is at best 3/4 mile away, so we can occasionally walk over to pick him up afterwards. Little man is becoming a big man so quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment