Thursday, August 19, 2010

Guys night

HorsemanMeh and Owen (along with friend R and her daughter E) drove down to Oregon today to participate in a Balkan music festival. Sounds like the drive actually went pretty well (recall Owen's earlier challenges with car rides), and they're visiting and staying the night with R's in-laws in Vancouver (the Washington one, not British Columbia). So while mima sat for Zachary during the day, in the evening we got to have some solo guys time. Nothing too exciting, though it was definitely different and nice to be able to spend some time with Zachary -- I think I'll steal a friend of mine's strategy to make sure to schedule solo time with each boy as they get older. The two of us had a nice dinner together before bath and bedtime; Zachary asked several times about mommy (though never about Owen - hmm...) and I explained that she was singing at a concert. Speaking of which, he's actually started singing some of her group's repertoire:

No comments: