In more recent news, it's Memorial Day weekend, which means the Northwest Folklife Festival at the Seattle Center! Meh's Balkan women's choir had performances both yesterday and today. (You can hear yesterday's here - scroll down to Dunava.) The boys, mima, and I accompanied her yesterday, hoping to have an improved experience over last year's rendition, where poor mima had to cut across the entire auditorium with a crying Owen right as the set started. This year things went much better; the occasionally sad kids were not Owen, and mima and he had a great time smiling and listening to mommy's group rock the Balkan house.Zachary, on the other hand, wasn't a fan of the venue and decided as they were getting ready to start that he wanted to go "this way!", pointing toward the exit. So he and I ended up spending most of the set roaming around the outdoor food areas, watching the monorail arrive and depart, and listening to the bagpipes (which he liked much better) -- I did walk him back inside twice, but both times he insistently pointed back towards the great outdoors.
While Meh's group had been warming up, mima and I hunted for lunch with the boys. The "faire food" has certainly improved in quality there in recent years, and this time we stumbled upon a shockingly good vegetarian food cart. Unfortunately it's based in Oregon, so I may never find out the secret of their amazingly good vegan cheesesteak - I'm tempted to e-mail them and ask for the recipe. I was wearing Owen while we strolled Zachary, and he started making like a little bird when he saw me eating it -- I offered him some, and he proceeded to chow down on several goodly sized bites of mima and my shared sandwich (we also split a decent veggie reuben).
No comments:
Post a Comment