Z had his first day back at school today -- between winter break, snowstorms, holidays, and that broken leg, it may have been nearly a month since his last full day! I drove him (a rare green car journey) and the little wheelchair to the classroom, where he got reacquainted with his favorite school toys and activities while the teachers, physical therapist, and aide assigned to help him out got oriented with the wheelchair and adjusted a few tables and desks for him to use. I ducked out once it looked like things were in order, and it sounds like he had a good first day back -- I think he really missed it!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Back to School
Z had his first day back at school today -- between winter break, snowstorms, holidays, and that broken leg, it may have been nearly a month since his last full day! I drove him (a rare green car journey) and the little wheelchair to the classroom, where he got reacquainted with his favorite school toys and activities while the teachers, physical therapist, and aide assigned to help him out got oriented with the wheelchair and adjusted a few tables and desks for him to use. I ducked out once it looked like things were in order, and it sounds like he had a good first day back -- I think he really missed it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment