San Francisco has been a nice trip thus far, though we of course miss the boys a ton. We did get to get several kid fixes: we got to visit with friends A and E with their cute kids (they just moved here from Atlanta) on the day we arrived, and Meh visited friend S and her kids I and E (they just moved here from our neck of the woods) the next day in Sunnyvale (which she kept calling Sunnydale, to many teasing Buffy references from me). We've also gotten to do a small amount of exploring, including a nice walk along Lands End that featured multiple fly-bys by synchronized fighter jets (barely visible in the top right of the picture). Of course there's also been the prerequisite shopping and much tasty food (mostly of the excellent breakfast/brunch variety)
-- my favorite was actually a spot that I must've been near dozens of times but had never realized existed before, a fabulous place serving no less than seven kinds of formal tea service. I had Moorish service and Meh enjoyed the Russian -- which included a trip to the eponymous samovar for an orientation on mixing proper zavarka. Our favorite meal thus far.Mima has continued an excellent tradition of sending us daily correspondences of her adventures with the boys. I always look forward to them, though I'm also a bit sad when I see some of them timestamped before 6 am -- thank you again so so much, mima, papa, and Uncle J! Highlights from the first few days:
O: Which is your favorite cup?
Mima: The green one, I like green and the princess one.
O: Mommy likes the princess one.
Mima: That is because she is a princess.
O: No, she is a womans.
[At Target] O spotted Cars Slippers, only 2 pair left and they happened to be their sizes. Small battle getting O to put his shoes back on to come home.
Zachary's idea of a fun game, pulling off Uncle Josh's hat
O and I had Sushi in Bothell; after 2.5 cucumber rolls he came home and slept for 2.5 hours. He asked for the leftover sushi for dinner but tried it and told me that "it isn't delicious anymore".
Making pancakes at 5 am - reasonable
Making pasta at 7 am - not

No comments:
Post a Comment