While the boys and we eat at restaurants (arguably perhaps too often), the selection is, shall we say, limited: sushi or Red Robin. So when the boys and I decided to go out for lunch today, picked up mima to join us, and when I asked everyone where we should go, O declared "I want to go eat somewhere that we haven't been to before", I had to make the best of it -- while still setting us up for the possibility that both Z and O might actually find something to eat. Both close by and not previously sampled was the latest rendition of the best burger places in the world ever. We'll ignore for the moment that neither boy eats burgers and both mima and I don't eat meat.
Anyway, so we popped over; the boys were fans from the moment we walked in, because there were tables with those crazy high bar stool seats. The kind that Z tried to climb and almost tipped before I anchored it. Yikes. Anyway, we ordered and sat -- and O immediately noticed a giant barrel full of peanuts and asked what they were. I tried to describe them, but then noticed a scoop and little paper baskets: bottomless appetizers. I gave him a few to try to shell and he actually snacked on some before his tasty grilled cheese came out, along with mima and my veggie burgers (excellent), Z's hot dog, and a cup of fries for the table. Well, intended for the table; O tried one and never looked back -- not even to his grilled cheese. But after some time of hesitation, Z did try his hot dog and ended up eating about half of it. So I think we'll call this a third restaurant in the repertoire -- hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment