Happy Sukkot! Those Jewish new year holidays really do bunch up, don't they? The boys and I went to friends J, S, and their kids L and E's house for a lovely dinner. There were a number of other kids there, a fabulous outdoor sukkah, and even a plastic indoor one for the kids to play in when they were done with the outdoor fall weather. The food was excellent as well, though the boys wouldn't know it, declining to even sit down let alone try the dizzying variety of salads, brisket, chicken, and more. Finally I was able to get them to at least sample some challah and fruit -- and they did have a great time in the sukkah proper. O was continually trying to understand what the Etrog was and if we were going to "eat it like a lemon". After pondering starting a new babies eating etrog meme, I think I'll just have to ask Meh if she knows any citron recipes.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Booth babes
Happy Sukkot! Those Jewish new year holidays really do bunch up, don't they? The boys and I went to friends J, S, and their kids L and E's house for a lovely dinner. There were a number of other kids there, a fabulous outdoor sukkah, and even a plastic indoor one for the kids to play in when they were done with the outdoor fall weather. The food was excellent as well, though the boys wouldn't know it, declining to even sit down let alone try the dizzying variety of salads, brisket, chicken, and more. Finally I was able to get them to at least sample some challah and fruit -- and they did have a great time in the sukkah proper. O was continually trying to understand what the Etrog was and if we were going to "eat it like a lemon". After pondering starting a new babies eating etrog meme, I think I'll just have to ask Meh if she knows any citron recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment