One of Zachary's favorite (perhaps obsessively so) toys is the little magnetic toy radio attached to the fridge, with several "channels" of music, and multiple songs per channel. (Incidentally, I've seen this same radio at virtually every home I've visited - I think this might be "the" toy, moreso than legos, books, blocks, or anything Elmo-related.) After breakfast, the radio is often his first stop. And when he's got way too much energy, he'll run over to the radio, push the button to start the next song, run back to us to read perhaps a half page of his book, then run back over to select the next song before the previous one ends. It's like toddler "musical chairs" or something.
Anyway, he's had it playing the 'alphabet' station for quite some time (where he laughs and smiles when I announce the song name by rote, imitating the toy's announcer-like voice), and I was about ready for any kind of change from those same four songs, so I flipped the switch to the 'numbers' station. He ran back over, gave me a hard look, and flipped the channel back to the alphabet, before dashing back for more reading time with mommy!Here you can hear and see the radio in the background while he quickly cycles through Mike Mulligan to get to his favorite page:
I think at the very end of the video he's turning to go feed the Fridge DJ another quarter...
1 comment:
I love that giggle. Love, Grandma
Post a Comment