Neither of us can believe it, but Monday is Meh and my sixth anniversary! Meh already got me a wonderful and amazing gift back in May, and I wanted to do something special for her too. Consulting the list of traditional anniversary gifts, the sixth year is apparently "candy, iron, and wood". Iron? Who comes up with these things, the mining industry? Is next year lead? (No, it's actually copper, as well as 'desk accessories'.)In the end, I did a slightly updated recreation of how I proposed to her seven (yikes!) years ago. And yes, part of the surprise was doing it a few days early (hey, if she can surprise me in May...). The pictures hopefully tell it better than I can describe -- Meh arrived home last night to find a pop-up card, then there were arrows made of lego candy blocks (see, candy!), which I used to lead her on a small course around the house, with small gifts (books - does that count as 'wood'?) at each stop on the course.

At the end of the course was a book that I'd created for her, incorporating a bunch of inside jokes into some of Zachary's current favorite reading materials (with many apologies to Dorling Kindersley, Curious George, Dr. Seuss, and others). Alas, I couldn't figure out how to get the book actually printed onto board book material - but I think I captured the spirit pretty well at any rate. Oh, and I even incorporated 'iron' with a picture of our scary old fireplace. There was much laughing at the silliness, and reminiscing with pictures of us and the little man over the years, and then we each ate a few bits of those lego candy arrows.


Happy anniversary, pretty wife!
3 comments:
You guys are unbelievably cute. And inspiringly romantic. (Why is "inspiringly" not a recognized word??) Happy anniversary!!
How wonderful! You do realize, however, that you've singlehandedly raised the bar to an impossibly high level for all the husbands out there. From now on, every response out of every wife's mouth will be "Oh, yeah? Well Scott...." ;)
What a brilliant way to celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss by going back to the beginning!!! May you both have a wonderful 6th anniversary and many many many more years filled with love and laughter. Love, Zachary's Grandma
Post a Comment