Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fluid plans

Who, me?Meh has adopted the descriptive adjective of "juicy" when describing Owen's recurring (some would say constant) habit of spitting up, often in impressive quantities. She's convinced that on occasion he's managed to spit up more than he's actually eaten. In trying to remember the specific adjective, I myself coined the phrase "Mister Moist", though really that describes me more than Owen by the time I'm done holding him for an hour; when I went out to mow the lawn today after having snuggled tiny man, I had some lovely damp patterns on my shoulders.

Alas, it was Zachary who took the fluid-generation award on an adventure with mommy and mima on Thursday. His pre-preschool class was off for the day, so they decided to go check out the zoo. Unfortunately, by the time Owen woke up from his morning nap and they got out the door, they were quickly approaching Zachary's nap time. They walked around for a bit looking at animals, but Zachary was ready to be "all done", so they exited the zoo and walked over to a nearby restaurant, where Zachary needed a diaper change. And in the women's room (with of course no changing table in sight), the standing up diaper change went horribly wrong. Zachary emerged dry, but mommy, the baby carrier, and a great deal of floor had no such luck. Oh, and the electronic automated paper towel dispenser was low on batteries, so cleanup was particularly slow going. Poor Meh!

No comments: