Sunday, October 17, 2010

Breaking bread

Owen continues to love music, and has even started to make some of his own:

Both boys continue to encourage mommy to sing and daddy to bust out with the viola -- Zachary will even say "more music! viola!" when I stop playing between pieces. Sometimes I take requests, which generally fall into the 'Wheels on the Bus' or 'Thomas and Friends' theme song categories.

bookwormWhile Owen continues to try everything in sight (this kid even eats those vegetable medley jarred baby foods), Zachary continues to typically be very selective. We continue to serve up a variety of interesting and tasty foods to him, but he's generally declined, ignored, or actively said 'no!' to foods that fall outside of his comfort zone. So it was huge news in the world of Zachary dining today to see him take one thoughtful bite of my famous challah! The two of us were sitting and having lunch, and he saw me eating a piece. He then picked up the piece I'd given him on his lunch plate, smelled it, touched it to his lips, said "good job!" (I think that's what our nanny has been saying when he eats something), and then ate it. The rest of the challah remained on the plate, but still a huge thing to see him try something new -- good job indeed!

Incidentally, delayed pictures from Zachary's 3rd birthday party have been posted here. I of course had been preoccupied with grilling and watching the birthday boy, and promptly forgot to use the camera. Visiting friends T and S covered it though, and got some great shots!

No comments: