Saturday, October 16, 2010

Guess who's coming to dinner

Head of the tableMima and Papa had the four of us and our friends J & S over for shabbat dinner last night. I of course brought the homemade challah (seriously, I'd perhaps try to break out into other dishes if I didn't have to confront the downcast faces if I show up somewhere without fresh loaves of bread!), and Meh made this amazing peanut butter and chocolate cake of extra tastiness:
Yes, it was that good

You've got a little something on your face...The boys did really well despite dinner rolling well into their bedtime; Owen even sampled his very first matzoh ball! Meanwhile, Zachary was shushing Lola and J & S's dog Max when they barked at each other -- Lola in particular was looking rather ferocious trying to protect her property, though the two did somehow manage to coexist. It was a fabulous multi-course dinner, though the boys did turn into pumpkins as we advanced to the later courses. Still, we managed to finish dinner, get home, the boys bathed, and to sleep without sadness - I'll call that a success!

Patch walkAnd speaking of pumpkins, today we went with mima to a local pumpkin patch and corn maze (though this year's maze was about the saddest thing we've seen - there's a whole description on their website about hordes of crows repeatedly digging up and eating their crop). Zachary waded through the "p says pah, pah -- pumpkin!" patch. He didn't exactly pick out a pumpkin, but he was happy to see us take one home. We also ran into some old friends attending a birthday party at the farm; it was great to see them and get to briefly catch up!

No comments: