Grandma is in town for the weekend! She's been having a wonderful time with the boys, and was rewarded by an "I love you gah-ma" from Zachary during stories tonight. Meh and mima also took her out for her upcoming birthday at the most excellent high tea in Seattle, which I think she really enjoyed. And she let Meh and me have a date night tonight; we enjoyed a casual dinner and a movie - it was nice to get an evening to ourselves. Thanks grandma!
Owen is ever so slowly starting to get a little mobile. Right now he's at a point where if there's something that interests him, he'll stretch as far as he can and even perhaps pull himself along a little bit. And this morning, I watched him squirm around, first in a full circle pivot, and then backwards a few inches. Like his brother, I think backward crawling may precede going forwards.Zachary's swimming lessons continue to be a highlight of our Sundays, and he continues to love them. He often gets a bit ahead of the teacher, saying "ready", taking a deep breath, and then dunking his own head under the water. His favorite is when the floaties come out and he can go off and be independent, swimming, kicking, self-dunking, and occasionally even going all mellow/peaceful and backfloating around the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment