Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mobile operator

Over the last few days, we've witnessed Owen transitioning from fully stationary to somewhat mobile. I wouldn't say he's crawling precisely yet -- more leaning, grabbing onto things, and adopting (to continue the bad punnage from this post's title) a pull model. We'll park him in the center of his playmat, and a minute later, he'll be to one side of it, often disassembling and chomping on its foam pieces. If he reaches any kind of large device (his toy piano, or more recently his jumper), he'll drag it (and/or himself) around -- probably some good resistance training exercise right there.


Yesterday mommy worked, but the boys and I had a fun morning all playing together. And indeed another transition I've been seeing lately is for Zachary to actually occasionally pay attention to and even (gasp) interact with his brother. He kept sampling Owen's toys -- and by sampling, I mean putting them in his mouth and saying 'Eat it!'. Owen for his part continues to be fascinated by his brother; when he comes into view after not being seeng for a few minutes, Owen gives a giant smile, often a laugh, and sometimes even a mildly piercing scream/grunt of happiness.

No comments: