Sunday, February 27, 2011

News worthy

Singing ValentineFor Valentine's Day this year, both Meh and I unfortunately had full days of work. Rather than try for a remote bouquet delivery, I opted to get Meredith a fun (and only mildly embarassing) gift of a singing valentine, where a local barbershop quartet went to her work and sang her a few songs in front of the apparently delighted patrons! She really liked it, and apparently it made an impression on the witnesses as well, as multiple friends and family members pointed us at the bottom of the "rants and raves" page of this weekend's Seattle Times. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it so much, and am just sorry I didn't get to hear the singers too!

Accepted talk submission from last yearTomorrow I head to San Francisco for the annual Game Developers Conference -- I skipped last year due to a certain tiny man's arrival (picture at left). :) While I'll be kept very busy with three presentations and too many meetings to count, it's going to be hard to be away from Meh and the boys for the whole week. Thankfully Mima is going to be staying over and helping out - huge thanks to her in advance, and here's hoping the number of 5 am wakeups are minimal.

No comments: