I got back from the UK yesterday evening, clearing customs and picking up my car just in time to get home for Zachary's story time (Owen was already asleep). Z was up at his typical early time, and we got to have some good snuggles together - definitely good to be home! But when Meh brought Owen downstairs and he saw me, there was no familiar open-mouthed smile; he retained his shy reserved self. After a little bit I was able to get him to crack a little grin, but there was definitely the possibility that he didn't recognize his own daddy at first sight. Oh no! But never fear, today we get some father/son catch up time; Meh has work, so the boys and I will be figuring out things to do on a dreary overcast day while I fight the jet lag.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Facial recognition
I got back from the UK yesterday evening, clearing customs and picking up my car just in time to get home for Zachary's story time (Owen was already asleep). Z was up at his typical early time, and we got to have some good snuggles together - definitely good to be home! But when Meh brought Owen downstairs and he saw me, there was no familiar open-mouthed smile; he retained his shy reserved self. After a little bit I was able to get him to crack a little grin, but there was definitely the possibility that he didn't recognize his own daddy at first sight. Oh no! But never fear, today we get some father/son catch up time; Meh has work, so the boys and I will be figuring out things to do on a dreary overcast day while I fight the jet lag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment