
It's mommy and daddy's first extended road trip away from the boys -- after a flurry of preparation (including a photo shoot with the boys
yesterday), today we are on a plane to London! Well, technically we're on a plane to Minneapolis (hence the internet), where despite keeping the same flight number, we'll be changing gates, planes, and crews, and connecting onward to Heathrow. We left a happy pair of boys with mima, and a full weekend/week of activities to hopefully keep them occupied and entertained: Thomas the train, Z starting his summer school program, a birthday party, and a host of activities. Now about that sleep bit, we can only hope.

This is Meh's first trip to her favourite country in more than four years, and we've been planning a full week of activities, both new and revisited. Friends
M & K are similarly engaged in their own international trip away while M's parents watch their daughter N, so we're hoping to catch up with them on Monday. I'll actually be working much of the time, both in meetings and presenting at/coordinating a
conference -- but I'm not too worried, as Meh always finds amazing things to see and do.

I did get to give Meh an early anniversary present (this coming Wednesday!) on the plane; over the years I've made her a series of increasingly silly and elaborate books, starting with my proposal (a spoof in the style of Alice in Wonderland) and continuing with many anniversaries since. This year I opted for a take off on the
Time Out travel guide, once again littered with inside jokes (the National Digital Portrait Gallery for the slideshow that keeps the Xbox busy, Zachary charging letter cookies for the use of the outdoor playhouse as a hotel, etc.) and even a "subway" map in the style of the
London Underground.

One more milestone before I forget: Owen had his very first haircut earlier this week (and Zachary had his trimmed as well). Some sadness, but a successful cute cut (and reduced sadness for Z as well -- the at home haircut may be the way to go!).
No comments:
Post a Comment