Friday, July 29, 2011

Around the World in 10 Days

One conference deserves another, so I've been off to Tokyo for the second of three work conferences. Between the short required duration (the conference was a single day, and not too many additional meeting asks had cropped up) and the short time since we'd returned from London, I performed a bit of an experiment this time, effectively cutting out the "travel recovery" day -- which inevitably leads to jet lag the next day but overall a more complete transition to the new time zone. I flew Wednesday (arriving Thursday evening), presented Friday morning, and fly home today. So far it's actually worked out pretty well -- I'm feeling okay as of Saturday morning, though hoping there is sleep to be had on the plane, since I'll return home (due to the international dateline) about 50 minutes ago on Saturday morning, and have a full day to get through.

I did get to chat with Meh and the boys several times during the trip -- O has unfortunately been sick with a fever, though it sounds like he's slowly on the mend. And apparently all of the sudden he sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" -- Meh noticed him doing it at the dinner table tonight, and with some encouragement he sang it several additional times. Super cute, I'm looking forward to hearing that later on (er, earlier on?) today!

No comments: