Friday, August 05, 2011

And boy are her arms tired

Grandma has arrived for a weekend visit, just in time for Zachary's birthday party tomorrow! The boys and I picked her up at the airport this morning (apologetically late; Z had an epic 90-minute battle with the potty) -- they were of course excited upon our arrival by seeing all of the planes, trucks, baggage carts, and construction equipment, but even happier to see grandma! We went to lunch at what Zachary continues to call "A Great Place" (ever since he spelled out a sign inside of the restaurant and we told him what he'd spelled), then played for a bit at home before a walk was clearly demanded. The local junior high school's massive renovation (and accompanying heavy construction equipment) always entertains, and Owen kept talking about "big diggers" while Zachary commented on the "lots of trucks". Owen and grandma had a great time on the slide at the park, while Z opted to mostly hang out in the stroller.


Tomorrow is the big party, and the preparations have been fast and furious - mima and papa helped stuff the kids' goody bags, Meh has been working on an impressive cake for the (of course) themed celebration, I picked out what I hope will be a perfect gift (if I can ever find time to actually go buy it before the big day) and I'm really hoping Z has a great time with all of the activities tomorrow!

No comments: