Wednesday, February 08, 2012

False hope

We'd been happily looking forward all week to Z getting his cast off today, even starting to prompt him about going to get a "picture" of it (an x-ray) -- but when I went to check the appointment time in my calendar this morning, I couldn't find it at all. And then I did find it -- but for next week. Meh's calendar said this week, but alas, the hospital confirmed that we're on for next Wednesday, so we've got a few more days to watch Z basically walking on the cast. All things considered he's really been doing amazing getting used to it and dealing with the awkwardness of baths (we got him a cast cover, but he's such a skinny little man that the hole in it doesn't make a skin-tight seal -- so instead, we have to cover it with a few garbage bags and still keep his leg elevated during the whole bath), but I think all of us are just about ready to move on to the next step, even if that ends up just being a boot. Seven more days!

No comments: