Monday, April 23, 2012

Say Uncle

The boys' Uncle B is visiting for the weekend! We didn't book any formal activities, but kept quite busy just hanging out with the boys. There was much outdoor time, where Z and O showed him our garden, went on the swing, watered the dump truck (?), and discovered the joy of snatching Uncle B's glasses off of his face. I'm not quite sure why Z finds this so hilarious, since daddy wears glasses every morning too, but it's become his new favorite game to stealthily approach then snatch. The weather was also fabulous, so the boys dined al fresco on our deck on Friday night.

After watching what I might argue to be one of the most impressive hours of early 2000s WB television programming on Friday night, Uncle B graciously gave Meh and me a date night on Saturday, which we thoroughly enjoyed. On Sunday, we had a nice brunch with mima and papa, then B watched O while I ostensibly took Z to swim lessons. Unfortunately, I forgot his swimsuit, and by the time we doubled back to grab it, it was too late to make the class. But the four of us (Meh was at friend S's baby shower, amazingly planned and executed once more by Meh) did get to go on a nice walk around the neighborhood and then played on the local school's track and field, before having dinner at the house of one of B's high school friends, who has not only two similarly aged boys but also a treasure trove of vehicles. I was very proud of the boys - they played very nicely, shared with each other (and as importantly the toys' owners), actually ate dinner at the table, and didn't fall apart when it was time to clean up and head home.

No comments: