The rest of the long weekend with Uncle B and Aunt J has flown by. We had a very nice time just visiting, though there was a bit of tourism as well; J had researched a few local tasty food establishments with high Zagat scores. While our favorite local formal restaurant was closed for the long weekend, I did take them into the city one evening for a yummy thali dinner. And a highly rated sandwich shop that I wasn't actually familiar with was our destination today.
It's near the fabulous Golden Gardens and our wedding venue (has it really already been 10 years in just a month and a half?!), as well as the Ballard Locks, which I'd somehow never been to. Meh had a previous engagement, but O and I took them down to the locks, which were highly popular all around; a number of large boats were passing through as we arrived, and we watched the (completely empty at this time of year but for one stubborn minnow) fish ladder as well. Afterwards it was on to Paseo for sandwiches -- and for a non-descript shack with only picnic table seating, it was very tasty indeed! O was pleased to be able to have his lunch while watching cars and trucks drive by, and all of us had a very nice final day. And I happened to glance across the street, and realized we were indeed directly across from the venue where we got married. How did we miss this joint as part of the scouting?!Uncle B and Aunt J are headed onward this evening to an Alaskan adventure - hope they have a fabulous time!
No comments:
Post a Comment