Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Random Musings

Getting to spend a good amount of time with O over the past few days, I've continued to be amused with the comments that come out of his mouth. I've tried to capture a few gems and e-mail them to Meh while she's away, but it's difficult to grab all of them! A sampling:
  • (at 6 am, sneaking into bed with me): "Mm, the bed smells like mommy kisses."
  • (after putting on his shirt): "Well, I look adorable in this!"
  • (speaking into a bullhorn and trying to rally Z to throw a plastic ball with him): "All right everyone, it's time for baseball time!"
  • (when at the mall we got a cupcake -- which, by the way, he picked out): "Mommy gets me one with swirl."
  • "I bit my tongue because the ground looked a little bit brown".
We've had a busy couple of mornings while Z is at school. With the rain still hampering park attempts, we went to his favorite indoor play area yesterday morning -- and proceeded to go back in the afternoon with Z added into the mix.And today O and I went to the mall, where he played for a bit (and ate the aforementioned cupcake). Then we decided to do lunch, and he especially said he wanted to go someplace he'd never been before. I was ecstatic to support this newfound interest in expanding beyond burgers and sushi, but alas, by the time we approached an honest restaurant, he had reverted to strongly wanting Red Robin. Ah well, food exploration was still realized even if accidentally; the milkshake he requested ("with sprinkles") was for the first time served up with a maraschino cherry. He tried it, then made me eat it, then decided he really wanted it after all. The waitress patiently brought two more that ended up untouched on his plate. Still, at least he tried it -- and even briefly pondered mixing up his usual grilled cheese in favor of chicken tenders. We may have an adventurous eater on our hands. Some day.

No comments: