This morning, O declared to me that he likes to take "adventure bites". This (according to him) is apparently a term used by his teachers to describe taking a big bite of something; my guess is that the extra data he missed is that an adventure bite involves trying a food that the kids either don't know or don't strongly like the taste of. Anyway, after announcing this, O then showed me an adventure bite of cereal, and later on, one of candy. I suggested he try one of my sandwich, but he wasn't interested. Of course, he always follows his brother's lead; if I offer him food, he'll ask "did Zachary eat any?"
Mommy's craftiness has been in full force as we begin to prepare for "tiny" (current code name; O insists the baby's full name is "Tiny Tim"). Well, to be clear, I guess I'm still a bit superstitious and declare that anything pink and girl baby themed is really just for if there ever happens to be a girl baby visiting the house. Ptui ptui, salt over the shoulder, etc. Anyway, a number of Alice in Wonderland-themed blankets, bumpers, mobiles, and other decorations are already in production. Meh saw a cute flower-covered lamp in a catalog and decided that she could do it better. I would emphatically agree with the result, though there was the near-tragic moment when she was about 5 flowers short -- thankfully with the UPC sticker in hand from one of the flowers she'd gotten (at another location), I was able to pop off to the local Michaels and find a match. Success, and a fabulous lamp by mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment