Happy birthday to Meh! When I asked the boys a few weeks ago what they wanted to get her, O replied "flowers". Z supportively added "yes". A very nice thought; when I asked what colors we should get, O immediately replied with his favorites -- green and blue. Then he thought a moment more and added: "and also purple and pink. And also black." I took all of these suggestions (well, minus the black) to the local florist, who was a big fan of any order being transcribed from 4- and 6-year olds' instructions, and O and I got to pick them up last night on our way to meet up with Meh and Z for birthday dinner at mima and papa's house.
He was very pleased with the results, though he was concerned that he couldn't see the (green) vase while it was in the box for transport. Anyway, birthday dinner was a splendid affair, with yummy food, the boys singing "Happy Birthday" (in between repeated performances of "Let it Go" and "What Does the Fox Say", of course), a tasty cake, and then capped off with a birthday present that everyone could enjoy (hopefully even mima and papa) -- a boys slumber party at their house.
I had illusions of taking Meh and L out for dessert, but we were all so tired that we just went home for a quiet evening, likely to be followed soon after by bedtime. Action packed! I will share this e-mail from mima of her conversation with O soon after we left:Mima: Where is Owen?
O: I am in the bathroom. I want some space.
Mima: Can I come in?
O: Yes, as long as you don't talk to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment