Today's milestone for L (or at least for me) was that we tried, and she accepted, a bottle for the first time! Meh's women's choir was performing at Folklife, and while I'd initially pondered taking the three kids, I recalled a number of past performances where I'd had to quickly flee in the middle of the set when one or more got sad. I wasn't quite ready to try that yet with three kids solo. Ah well, we'll have to settle for the streaming edition -- congrats to Dunava on what sounds like was a solid and well-received performance!
In the government-documented milestone department, L is also the first internationally prepared kid in our family; her new passport (good, ridiculously, for a full 5 years) arrived yesterday -- one more step completed on the path to her and mommy's upcoming choir trip to Bulgaria! Still can't believe that's going to be happening, and that it's only one among a number of trips coming up this summer -- in just a few weeks the boys and I head to Michigan to visit Grandma and John as well as for my (slightly belated) 21st high school reunion.
A pattern has been developing in our weekends as we start to move from spring towards summer: the boys get too bonkers to stay home, so I take them to a local park while L (and sometimes mommy) naps. This one is still Z and O's favorite. Per the picture, yesterday O was literally climbing the walls. It's always amusing when there's another kid in their general age range there, and O has to (very shyly, and preferably with daddy company) approach the kid and find out their age and name. Once the social ice has been broken though, he's friends for life; as we were driving home yesterday, he was asking when we'd see the boy he'd met at the park again, and if he could have a playdate with him. We may need to move onto kids business cards or something (and yes, as soon as I typed this I checked -- of course those are already apparently a thing).
No comments:
Post a Comment