We're deep into birthday season here; last weekend was of course mommy's, but also one of Z's bus-mates invited him to a (for me) sensory-overloading affair at Chuck E. Cheese. While I remembered the animatronic music band, I don't think I recalled that restaurant staff would intentionally rile up the kids for a countdown to the live action appearance of the mouse, literally for the last minute telling the kids to scream as loud as they could. Z did great, and he also discovered the joys of skee ball, eventually redeeming a fistful of tickets for laffy taffy. This weekend there were three more parties (alas, we only made it to two of them) for friends of the boys.
Yesterday, O's friend J celebrated his fourth birthday at the School of Rock. It was great fun (and mass chaos, as one would expect) celebrating with electric guitars, keyboards, microphones, shakers, and oh so many loud drums. I felt for the teacher, who was trying to teach/explain while the kids were clearly pretty ready to just get on with the singing and dancing.
And today we had an indoor bounce house birthday party for O's school friend D; both boys were invited (and L as well!), and had a blast jumping and running -- though I really need to start to remember lighter clothes for the high energy parties, as O was a sweaty mess whenever he came to check in with me.On the topic of L, she's started having a bit more quiet alert time especially first thing in the morning when we come downstairs. She seems to enjoy occasional tummy time along with time on her back looking up and smiling at her sheep mobile, pull toys, and her always interested/interesting brothers!
No comments:
Post a Comment