Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cake for Breakfast

We had a lovely Shabbat dinner last night with Grandma, Brian, Jen, and M and K. I had to work all day, so everyone got together to make a wonderful meal, including excellent salmon by Uncle Brian, yummy green beans and salad by M and K, and of course Scoot's amazing challah. We also ordered one of my favorite cakes from Hoffman's Bakery in Kirkland: the Princess Torte. I know, it's named after me! It's also quite delicious and the flavor friend J used as inspiration for our wedding cake (well, one of the flavors, anyway). And, I did indeed have some for breakfast this morning. K took some photos, which we can only hope will show up on M and K's blog soon! That is, if we are cool enough to make the cut.

Zachary is having a great visit with Grandma and Brian and Jen. Grandma has a knack for getting Zachary to scream with laughter (much like Uncle Josh) by making silly faces and noises! He was a bit angry during nap time today, and when I peeked in at him, he was arching his back so much that I thought he would roll over onto his tummy...but he didn't. His new favorite place to nap is in the center of Mommy and Daddy's bed (after a snack, of course). He leaves a tiny Zachary-shaped imprint which makes us happy come our own bedtime.

No comments: