How time flies - I didn't even realize until I looked over at the little counter thing (I know, I know, at some point I'll have to 'upgrade' it to count years and months), but Zachary turned 300 days old on Tuesday. And he doesn't even look a day over 275.
Zachary continues to interact in new ways with the world and us all of the time. He definitely loves mommy; when Meh comes home after being away, or we come up to say hi to mommy after her morning shower, he smiles, laughs, and sings. He's also a huge Korby fan, always saying "dah!" and variants when I point the dog out to him, and squirming and kicking fiercely while making happy noises when we first see him in the morning or when coming home. His third-best-friend at this point appears to be gravity. While wild waving and banging of objects is still fun (and honestly, when won't it be?), it's dropping them on the ground to make a gratifying thud or clatter that's his new favorite. Whether it's from six inches (sitting on the ground) or several feet (in his chair at the table - and yes, I'm perfectly happy to 'reset' objects for another terminal velocity trip to the ground), gravity is fun. We'll have to wait and see how soon he shows an interest in trying out more advanced Newtonian experiments.And continuing the world interaction theme, today he started actively waving when someone waves at him. Friend M was over visiting, and when she waved goodbye, he waved back! Similarly, when I got home from work, he responded to my arrival by waving from the doorway. Still not entirely consistent, but just one more sign that he's continuing to learn avenues for communication.
Speaking of communication, talking/singing certainly continues to be one of his choice activities, as demonstrated in this video:
No comments:
Post a Comment