Monday, June 02, 2008

Is it goodnight for "Goodnight Moon"?

Is Zachary banning this book?The last few nights, Zachary has been happy with his bedtime stories until we get to what was always his previous favorite. At first I thought he was just getting overly tired and was ready to pack it in for the night before I got to the coveted "In the great green room...", but tonight I tried to do 'Goodnight Moon' first, and he still yelled and 'nah-nah'ed as the book opened. I tried another favorite, and he happily sat and listened (and even grabbed and turned the pages, which he does really well, though sometimes he gets a little bit overeager and turns the pages a bit faster than the actual telling of the story). It was always nice to end the day the same way, but change is after all inevitable and shows that he's developing his own opinions and tastes, yes?

No comments: