I've mentioned before that one of Zachary's favorite toys is a magnetized refrigerator 'radio', with a button to cycle through songs and a dial to choose between "classics" and a few other genres of original and arranged music. This week, Zachary discovered the dial, and is exploring songs beyond the ABC's and Old MacDonald. His favorite by far is a song called "Annie Ooh", where the happy face of LED bulbs is mirrored by his own smile and laughter at the lyrics. Here's a somewhat tame reaction I grabbed today:The little man is 500 days old today - incredible how the time flies! He and I had a nice day running a few errands in between the earlier snow flurries this week and tonight's impending winter storm (which the National Weather Service has incidentally created a narrated powerpoint deck for, no less. That they felt the need to define what a blizzard is was my favorite part). He was especially happy at the bank, walking around and smiling up at everyone while I deposited checks -- he only made one run for it around a corner, but the teller was too amused to mind me having to momentarily duck out mid-transaction. The two of us also tried for a Costco run, but alas, that winter storm warning had everyone in the area raiding the store for supplies, and we turned around before we were even able to make it to the parking lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment