Sunday, December 07, 2008

Mad about cookies

This weekend, Meh had the excellent idea to host a cookie party. I'd never heard of such a thing, but the concept is brilliant -- you and your friends all bake a bunch of cookies, then bring them all to the party and exchange recipes and cookies. Everyone got to enjoy Meh's baked goods (as well as those of our friends), so what's not to like?

Zachary apparently disagreed though; while he was happy (and seemingly all recovered from being sick earlier in the week) all morning long, as we approached the cookie party, he wouldn't go down for his afternoon nap, and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening angry and needing to be held and entertained by us. Fear not, we both managed to sneak in a cookie here and there. (Meh even offered one to Zachary; he took it and fed it to her, I suspect without too much complaint on her part?) I'm hoping this is just the tail of his earlier sickness and that he'll be a happier little man again soon.

No comments: