The snow is falling here in Seattle, and it doesn't appear to be letting up. It's almost at the level of our deck in the backyard, and rising. I guess we will be having a white Channukah tonight! The library was actually closed today (shocking, usually they expect you to brave the treacherous roads or else use precious vacation time), so I am able to stay home with Scoot and Zachary and cozify.Cozification means different things to different people. To me, it's staying in my PJs all day(including fuzzy socks), reading (at least during Little Man's nap time), and baking. For Scoot, it's not putting in contacts, playing Xbox, and participating in Facebook's Wordscraper, a Scrabble-like game. For Zachary, cozification means carrying various odds and ends around the house, such as the ladder to his pirate ship, plastic cups, his key, and/or one sock. Cozification also involves snuggling to keep warm, of course!
Since Chanukah starts this evening at sundown, we are thinking of making potato latkes, even though they stink up the house. Other Chanukah delicacies that I have never made before are called sufganiyot, or jelly doughnuts. These involve yeast, rising twice, and even more stinky oil frying. So instead, I made the next best thing: sufganiyot cupcakes.

Happy Chanukah!
2 comments:
They look good enough to eat. Happy Chanukah and enjoy your cozification day!
Love,
Grandma
I'm very impressed! Stay warm!
Post a Comment