We've been gradually sharing the news around, and with yesterday being the first day that Meh felt a certain familiar kick, this seems like a good opportunity to post the announcement on our blog - we're expecting! On or about March 1 (plus or minus 2 weeks or more of course), we're all looking forward to meeting Gooshie.The name came about quite early; I actually remember we were sitting on a dinner date, where a few minutes before, Meh had surprised me with a gift-wrapped book that we'd actually read through once before -- it was a wonderful way to find out the news! Anyway, Gooshie just popped into my head when we started thinking about what to call our in-vitro baby. It's certainly appropriate and consistent, as Zachary was originally named Ziggy, another name that happens to belong to a Quantum Leap character.
Not sure yet whether we'll find out the gender this time; Zachary was a surprise, but I think Meh would like to know if we'll be needing a new color and clothing-style palette or not. :) And as to Zachary's own awareness, not sure if he has any idea yet. One of his favorite books remains "The Berenstain Bears' New Baby", but I think that might mostly be for wood-chopping sequence for brother bear's new bed (in which I still think papa bear looks suspiciously menacing with a sharpened axe).
I was bummed to miss the first kick as I'm still in Texas, though I know it's a bit longer before they can be felt by others (though preferably not strange people touching Meh's tummy like last time!). On the plus side, I'm now visiting friends M, K, and their super-cute baby N - we've been having a wonderful time together! It certainly brings back memories, though I still have a hard time remembering Zachary being that small.
3 comments:
Congratulations!!! That is fantastic news. :-) Someday when the hub and I get out to Seattle, we look forward to meeting your growing little family!
Cheers from Milwaukee,
T
Yay!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm even more excited that all of our kids will be so close in age! :)
I had written this prior but it didn't save. I can't wait to meet Gooshie in person and watch the development of a new and wonderful Selfon/Sloane production. Love, excited Grandma
Post a Comment