Words? Not exactly. Important things to say? Most certainly.
More exciting milestones that aren't really milestones but I'll claim them anyway: tonight when I said we were going to have bath time and should clean things up, Zachary took one of his Thomas playing cards that he'd been carrying around, and put it back into the appropriate box. Crazy. Then he was trying to figure out where to put a car he'd been playing with, and I suggested the pushcart full of the other cars. He ran over and dropped the car in. Alas, I couldn't get him to help me disassemble his Lego masterpiece (which today was easily three feet tall); he was already at the bottom of the stairs asking me to open the gate so we could head upstairs.
While he thankfully hasn't had a serious cold in a few weeks, we've discovered that Zachary actually understands the concept (if not always the logistics) of wiping his own nose. He was never a huge fan of us trying to wipe for him, so when he had a runny nose a few days ago (and was scrunching up his face to avoid the drips), we offered him a tissue and he was able to wipe it himself. Of course, soon afterwards he decided that tissues were much more fun to shred into increasingly tiny pieces, but hey, it's a start. Tonight, he had a bit of mucous on his nose during bath time. I tried to brush it away, but Zachary wasn't really interested in my hands being on his nose -- so I tried to novel approach of asking him to wipe his own nose. And voila, he did, and it was gone. Perhaps we can scratch that one off the list of dirty jobs parents have to do? Well, until Gooshie at least, so at least a reprieve for a month or two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment