And on the topic of school, Zachary's morning classes wrapped up on Friday, and his afternoon ones are all done at the end of this week -- what will he do with all of the extra hours and no yellow bus to look forward to?
When we put Zachary to bed at night, sometimes he's up for some time -- we'll hear him reading books, singing songs to himself, occasionally opening his blinds and looking outside, commenting on how he's snuggling with or hugging his blankie, and so on. I try to check in on him a little while after we don't hear anything from him to make sure he's actually asleep (sometimes he's still just quietly reading). Last night, I peeked into his room -- and found that he wasn't in his bed. Nor was he on the ground (thankfully I've only seen him conk out on the ground once or twice). But before I could contemplate him sleeping in the closet or one of his drawers, I spotted him -- sleeping in the top bunk of his bunk bed. The ladder for the bunk faces the wall, so the best I can figure he climbed up there via his bookcase. Not exactly the most safe, so we'll likely have to rearrange the room, but I'll likely take the opportunity to turn the bed around so he can access the top bunk the correct way. Tonight, I specifically asked him if he wanted to sleep on the top or bottom bunk, and he requested the top - so I hoisted him up there and he happily snuggled and fell asleep pretty quickly. We'll just have to keep a close ear out in the morning to fetch him when he wakes up - little monkey man!
No comments:
Post a Comment