It has arrived, our hectic weekend of back-to-back cross-state New York weddings! I flew out yesterday to Rochester, New York (passing over at least three other Rochesters in the air), and arrived in time to crash my college friend J's rehearsal dinner -- I'd been planning to just meet up with folks afterwards, but she insisted I come on by. Not knowing a soul at the wedding, J introduced me to her fabulous wedding party friends, and it was great to get to know and hang out with such fun folks; now I'll actually know a few people at the wedding tomorrow!
Today I played tourist in the morning, visiting the George Eastman House, which is both a crazy large mansion and an acre of photography-focused museum and lovely manicured gardens. While I was sad to not share it with Meh (she's still at home, on the redeye out tonight to meet up with me in Manhattan for tomorrow's wedding), it was definitely a fun way to spend a few hours. They had a really interesting Normal Rockwell exhibit (showing how he basically acted like a human Photoshop before image processing software, taking a host of separately photographed elements and piecing them together into his illustrations), and the mansion itself was quite impressive, featuring among other things an exhibit on his attempts to create a 13-month year and a fun bunch of player piano rolls for the giant organ in his safari solarium (I know). The weather actually held for the most part as I wandered over to one of J and J's favorite Rochester lunch spots. Now I'm back at the hotel, getting ready for the wedding tonight. Congrats in advance to J and J, and congrats a day in advance to C and B!
No comments:
Post a Comment