There's probably some biological/psychological reasoning behind it, but when O needs to poop, we often notice he disappears (or at least tries to) -- either into a corner of the room, or by saying "bye bye" and shutting a door. It's privacy, it's cute, and it's a likely sign that he's probably well on his way to potty training. (And if we ask, he typically says "I hide and make a poop!" -- silly boy.)So it was immensely entertaining for me the other day when this behavior was linked unexpectedly. O and I were reading a book that has a mouse on every page (no, not that one), and on one page, the mouse is peeking out from behind an object. Owen pointed at it and said "mouse make a poop!" Similarly, later in the evening when he cleaned up from dinner, his dog-faced sippy cup ended up landing inside a mug in the sink. I mentioned the dog looked like it was hiding, and without pause, Owen commented "dog making poop!" Silly man!
No comments:
Post a Comment