We all know about the boys' cars (and more specifically Cars) obsession. The other day at the store, Meh noticed Cars underpants and decided to pick some up for O for when he indicated he might want to try starting potty training. Today the Cars incentive was proven out in amazing form - Meh picked up some Cars underpants for O a few days ago, telling him he'd get to wear them once he started going in the potty. I'll let Meh tell the rest of the story, as she did to me in a mid-day e-mail:
"This morning, O asked to wear his new undies. I told him he had to pee on the potty, so we sat on the new potty seat and he peed and peed! We read some books, he peed some more, so I let him wear the undies. We did dry checks every 10 minutes, then we sat again before we left (he tinkle-tinkle-tooted some more, as he calls it) and I put a pull up on him over the undies. When we go tot group, he didn't want to sit again, so of course the next check was wet, but then he sat and peed there and we got fresh undies/pullup. He peed one other time there on the potty, then he made it home dry and we peed again at home. I let him eat lunch on the potty. A few minutes later I put him on again, we read books and then he POOPED ON THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!! Then back into undies with a pull up and nap."Go Mister O! Alas, he wouldn't sit on the potty for me before bathtime and then intentionally went in the bath. But still, a very good first day with the toilet. Congrats to O on the beginning of the end of diapers!
No comments:
Post a Comment