Our precocious and fiercely independent two year old continues to astound with the quantity and quality of what he can say. Whether it's drawing comparisons to things he's seen in the past and read in books, imitating his older brother, or just trying to communicate his own opinions and desires ("I want daddy to sit over there."), I'm pretty sure Owen talks more than I do! My favorite is still when he has to "wind himself up" to build up enough momentum to get through a particularly long sentence, restarting it from the top each time he runs out of breath before completing it.We've been trying to jot down some of our favorites over the past few weeks; this is certainly an incomplete list, but here are a few of those darndest things he says:
"Do it yourself![myself]" (...a minute later) "I want daddy to help do it yourself."
"It's not chocolate!" (said when pointing at anything brown, including the pumpernickel bagel I think he only picked up because he thought it was. He ate it anyway.)
"It fell a-piece. [apart]"
"I don't want daddy, just mommy."
"I got a little bit scared."
"We haven't [seen / done / sung / read] this in a long time!" (Where 'a long time' often just means 'since yesterday'.)
"First mommy sit on the floor one more minute, and then e-mail."
No comments:
Post a Comment