Saturday, July 20, 2013

How dry I am

Meh's excellent anniversary present to me was to replace our aging (we couldn't remember, but it's wholly possible it came with the house) clothes dryer -- even grandma was excited to hear the news, having experienced its raw awesome non-drying power when she and J watched the boys a few months ago, and probably spent the entire week trying to dry the same load. The new dryer was delivered and installed yesterday, a space-age top-loading device from what is apparently the major appliance manufacturer of New Zealand. It's already run through two loads and (gasp) successfully dried clothing. Crazy, I know. I'm also a fan of the lint collector, a little scoop that you just pick up and shake in the garbage like a dustbuster - no scraping or pulling out debris. It's a fun device with a host of interesting sounds (not loud, but sounding like a little Cessna motor is spinning up) and a wonderful gift - it even fits the bill for the traditional ten year gift of something made of aluminum. (Again, where do they come up with these things?!) Thank you Meh!

No comments: