
This morning, O and I got to have some daddy/son time while Meh was at work and Z was working with L. I let him choose where we went, and he recommended one of our favorite
beach parks. An excellent idea, but I didn't anticipate O wanting to go all the way down to the beach -- and then into the water, "just like at grandma and John's house!" I rolled up his pants (yes, he wasn't even wearing shorts) as best I could, but that didn't do much when he decided the next step was to sit down in the lake. Ah well. On the plus side, a father and son came up to the lake with a remote controlled tug boat, and we had great fun watching them. Then they kicked it up a notch by attaching a barge behind the tug and putting a toy bulldozer in the barge. O's mind was sufficiently blown, and it was super amusing seeing Meh's disbelief when he later described the scene -- it took my pictures to prove his story true.

Today is Meh and my tenth anniversary! I can't believe it's already been ten years; while in some ways I feel like we've known each other forever, I look back at our wedding
photos and sometimes think, oh, that was just yesterday. Even when O, Uncle B, Aunt J, and I were at the sandwich shack right across from our wedding venue a few weeks ago, it really didn't seem that long ago that the two of us were walking down the aisle, then dancing and celebrating with our friends and family all Sunday long. Celebrating our anniversary, I continued the
silly tradition of making an overly elaborate book full of attempted (and probably mostly failed) jokes;

the format for this year's valiant effort was "pilot" scripts (yes, in traditional
format) for send-ups of a variety of TV shows we watch (Mehd Mehn, Game of Tones, True Caffeine Free Blood, etc.), bound up in a silly TV Guide format. It was enjoyed even if I clearly spent too much time on it. Mima watched the boys so we could celebrate with a lovely dinner (complements of John and grandma, celebrating their 10-day anniversary!) at a tasty local
restaurant. A very happy anniversary to my soulmate, my best friend, my very pretty and cozy wife of ten years!
No comments:
Post a Comment