Thursday, March 06, 2014

For patron use only

I forgot to mention that when we got home from the hospital, I noticed a sign taped up outside of the downstairs bathroom door; when we went upstairs to give the boys their bath, there was another one outside of that door. Z has been making signs for a while (occasionally I'll see them in the front or rear window of the house), but while he and O were with Mima waiting for us to return to the hospital, he apparently decided to start labelling the restrooms. The stick figures smiling on the toilet are my favorite part by far. This morning, another similar sign showed up just outside the master bathroom -- way to be thorough, Z!

O returned to school yesterday, and his sister was the talk of the class -- I spied them working on a giant greeting card for her, but it wasn't quite ready to bring home. Today when I went to pick him up, first the entire class seemed to say "awwww..." with disappointment that I hadn't brought L with me -- soon kids, just give her more than 2.5 days! But they presented us with the finished card, featuring a bold "Welcome to the World Baby Eleanor! (Tiny)" cover, and opening to display color drawings from most of his classmates, annotated by the teachers with what the students said they meant or were thinking about. Super cuteness all around; a sampling:
  • Dear baby Eleanor, Are you coming to see us? I am making you letters!
  • Dear Eleanor, I drawed you a race track. You are special because you are a baby.
  • Dear Eleanor, I drawed you Smog's Mountain. I want you to learn to talk. You are cute! [Clearly this came from the kid who got O interested in The Hobbit, right up until we started to try to read a few pages...]
  • She looks so cute. I drew a bed.
  • I have a baby brother too! I drew sleepy eyes.
  • I'm good at drawing arrows. We will see you soon!
  • Dear Eleanor, I drawed you a tooth fairy.
  • Eleanor, This is a slide. I love you.
And from her brother, the note read: "Eleanor, I think you will like it. I love you. I hope this card is going to be cool to you. Love, Owen"

When mima came to visit today, she brought a sampling of pictures of Meh from her own first few days -- there's certainly a resemblance, though L also reminds us both of what O looked like. As far as the crying from Meh's picture, we haven't been seeing too much of that except that L doesn't appear to like getting her diaper changed. Here O helped try to sing her through it:

No comments: