This week is the annual Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. While I've been there nearly every year for the past 14 years, this year with our due date right in that window, I opted to not attend -- probably for the best, as it's been a whirlwind of adjusting to L's sleep schedule (or sometimes lack thereof) and coordinating for the boys so the ladies can get some good quality (hopefully sleep-involving) time together. That said, L and I did put together a proposed late lecture to add to GDC -- I indicated to the event planners that we could probably make any time in the 1:30 to 4:30 am window work. No response as of yet, but we've still got three days of the conference.
New milestone today: for the first time, L took a nap in her own crib (not pictured) -- and for two hours no less! Yay! The baby monitor is back up and running, so we're once again getting used to that gentle whoosh of white noise coming from a little speaker in the corner of our room. We had a number of visitors today -- R stopped by in the morning, and O had a play date with his 5-year-old friend J, who was being watched by friend I while his parents were at work. The boys for the most part played very well (the only incident being a highly sought after green Candy Land player marker), and J was super awed by the hidey hole. O also has been talking about just how nice one of his friends has been at school, so he wanted to go buy her a present -- I indicated that he certainly could using his allowance, or we could get her something for her upcoming birthday. He opted for the latter, thoughtfully perusing the store before selecting a cute little elephant figurine. He complemented the gift with a nice card today. Nice, Mr. O!
The grand experiment with family mealtime continues to go mostly successfully (when we can keep the boys at the table); tonight it was my turn to cook, and Z watched with eagerness as I made their favorite (pasta), and then concern as I transformed some of it into homemade mac and cheese. Both boys stuck with plain and wouldn't venture even a taste, though mommy assured me it was yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment