Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ferry Tale the Third

Giving a little kissBefore I forget, I actually did get a shot of Zachary giving mommy a kiss in Vancouver. The follow up shots looked more like him just clutching at her face, but this one at least hints at how his kisses work. Yes, we'll have to shoot a video at some point to more properly demonstrate it.

And speaking of videos, here's one from Vancouver's Granville Island market. Zachary was very happy with the pretty colors, smells, noises, lights, and of course all of the attention from singing mommy and duelling camera-wielding daddy and friend J.


Zachary expresses his feelings about ferriesWe got back from Vancouver on Friday, and Meh's choir was recording their small ensemble pieces back out in Port Orchard on Saturday. So Zachary and I once more came along on the ferry to continue to explore the area. Things didn't go exactly to plan, though this wasn't really a bad thing: after we dropped off mommy, I started to drive into town, and Zachary fell asleep about ten minutes into the drive -- and stayed asleep for the 90 plus minutes that mommy was singing. When she called to tell us she was done, I'd been sitting in the parking lot of that little bakery, waiting for Zachary to wake up so we could go in and visit with Zachary's young friend and the nice bakers. But it all worked out fine - we drove back out for mommy (Zachary still remained asleep the whole ride back, so maybe 2 hours in all?), drove back into town, gave Meh the tour of cute things we'd discovered on previous trips, made a visit to the bakery, and walked around the small downtown shops. It really is like a little town trapped in time -- a whole host of antique shops (we scored a pretty tea cup for Meh's collection, along with a 1960's-era Disney Mary Poppins book), candy shops (we got Zotz for Meh), and somewhat oddly, multiple bail bondsman storefronts as well. I was somewhat mystified as to the point of the latter until I heard that there had been 'a bit of trouble' at one of the several bars along the main street a few nights earlier. Oh, those crazy Port Orchard kids!

No comments: