Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The perfect Passover breakfast?

Finger food and, er, fingersI find it somewhat amusing that it's during Passover that Zachary has experienced his first solid food, and it's firmly in the chametz camp. Yup, though our own favorite breakfast choice is off limits for us for the rest of the week, the ubiquitous Cheerio (or as our baby development newsletter tried to genericize, "O-shaped breakfast cereal") has now entered Zachary's diet, and he's a big fan. Meh gave him some yesterday, and this morning I offered him some more. He actually grabs them himself at times, but hasn't quite figured out how to get them into his mouth; I found two on his pajamas when he came out of the high chair after breakfast, and another at the bottom of the stairs that must've fallen out of another clothing fold later on. But the ones that I offer are happily devoured and chomped (gummed?), along with much happy talking, smiling, and waving hands.

Cheerio in fist

No comments: